MySalaryScale.com came up with the salary structure of various employees in Nigeria, cutting across different professions, companies, industries, and the 36 states of the federation.
From about 35,000 valid salaries gotten from our database which was inputed by employees, we have been able to generate analyses of employees’ salaries in Nigeria for 2019. With three-quarter of the year gone already, it will not be out of place to provide the general public ratings based on our data from employees.
Note: MySalaryScale is powered by Myjobmag.com
Now, the lists below provide a comprehensive rating of top companies, states and professions in Nigeria in terms of their salary structure. It also shows the least professions. The rating is aimed at providing insights to graduates and job seekers in the following areas;
- Top 50 Companies in Nigeria with the highest salaries for 2019
- Top 10 States in Nigeria with the highest average-salaries for 2019
- Top 10 Professions in Nigeria with the highest salaries for 2019
- 10 Professions in Nigeria with the least average-salaries for 2019
This way, graduates and job seekers will be well-informed and able to take their career decisions in a way that will best meet their financial needs. It will also help them have their eyes on, for employment and career growth, as well as providing opportunities for business prospecting.
KNOW YOUR WORTH: Find out what you should earn here
The info-graphics below, shows the top-listers and back-benchers of the various categories at a glance.
Info-graph 1: Top 50 Companies in Nigeria with the Highest Salaries for 2019
- The oil and gas sector still maintains their positions as the best sector to work in, in terms of their salary structure to the employees which encompasses basic pay, bonuses, profit sharing and other financial benefits.
- Although, firms in the banking sector tend to deal with money on a daily basis, it is however alarming to see that only five of the numerous banks in Nigeria were able to make it up to the top 50 list in terms of the salary they pay their employees. And one of them obviously is the CBN.
- Multinational companies made over 80% of the list, while local companies constituting just a microscopic few. This suggests the need for local companies to step up their game in regards to their salary structure in order to be more competitive against their foreign counterparts.
- Just few of the 50 ranked companies are listed on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange. This means most of the companies that pay this much are mostly privately owned or are listed in a foreign stock exchange.
- With all the efforts of Teachers and the educational sector as a whole in Nigeria, it’s quite alarming to see that just one educational institution made the top 50 list. In addition, the educational institution is not Nigerian-owned. This suggests the need for the government to look into the salary structures of teachers in public universities. Local-privately owned institutions are also encouraged to step up their game in this regard.
- Surprisingly, organizations that are supposed to be termed “not-profit making” made the list of the highest paying organizations in Nigeria. Most of these NGO’s are housed in the North-east part of Nigeria. This also justifies the reason Borno state made the top ten states in Nigeria with Highest salaries.
Info-graph 2: Top 10 States in Nigeria with the Highest Salaries for 2019
- Three of the top 10 lists for states with the highest salaries majorly relies on oil for revenue. This ‘oil’ also explains the reason why companies in these state(s) pay their employees handsomely.
- Seven of the top ten states are in the northern part of the country, with four as the majority from north-east, two from north-west and only one from the north-central. The three other states are well divided across the south.
- Jigawa State constitutes the highest among the 10 states, showing how far the state has left others behind in terms of rewarding her employees in proportion to their labour. It however also has meager pays in some cases, but on the average has the highest in Nigeria currently. Borno follows closely leaving Lagos state as the 10th.
- Most of these NGO’s in Nigeria are situated in the North-east part of Nigeria. This is due to the constant insurgencies in that region. Thus lots of foundations go there to help in different ways they can, majorly to provide healthcare and food. NGO’s in lot of cases pay higher than profit making organizations. Most of the Jobs are on contract basis though. Borno being the main state of these insurgencies, justifies the reason the state made the top ten list in Nigeria with highest salaries. An average medical doctor in Borno earns more than an average medical doctor in south-south mainly because of the cost of hazards.
Info-graph 3: Top 10 Professions in Nigeria with the Highest Salaries for 2019
Info-graph 4: The 10 Professions in Nigeria with the Least Salaries for 2019
From the images above, we can see that for 2019 Oil and Gas is the most lucrative profession in Nigeria with an average salary of 261K. While Janitors sinks at the bottom of the list as the least lucrative profession in Nigeria with an average salary of 51K. See how you can increase your current pay
Top 50 Companies in Nigeria with the Highest Salaries for 2019
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
- Tropical General Investment (TGI)
- RTI International
- Helen Keller International
- Mixta Nigeria
- Cambridge Education
- Japan Tobacco International
- Total Nigeria
- Catholic Caritas Foundation Of Nigeria (CCFN)
- Exxon Mobil
- Health Reform Foundation of Nigeria (HERFON)
- Aveon Offshore
- BW Offshore
- Suntrust Bank
- Providus Bank
- APM Terminals
- Lagos Deep Offshore Logistics (LADOL)
- Huawei Technology
- Appzone Group
- Procter & Gamble
- Stanbic IBTC
- Nigerian Breweries
- British American Tobacco (BAT)
- Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS)
- Q Oil and Gas Services
- Marie Stopes International
- Psl Engineering and Control
- Meristem Securities
- Medview Airline
- NAOC AGIP
- MTN Nigeria
- BUA Group
- General Electric
- Access (Diamond) Bank
To get more details on salaries on numerous Job Positions in Nigeria cutting across different companies click MySalaryScale.com
Also do well to anonymously add salaries and write reviews about your firm.
Powered By MyJobMag